Insufficient memory classification
Insufficient DOS memory
If "Out of memory" appears when running DOS applications ) Failures can be checked and dealt with according to the following methods:
1. Check whether the system provides support for expanded memory, and CONFIG must be guaranteed. EMM386 in the SYS file. The EXE command contains RAM parameters. Please refer to related articles for the setting of RAM parameters, which will not be described here;
2. If the fault still exists, check whether the DOS kernel program is compatible with other running applications. Whether some programs take up a lot of conventional memory, and make corresponding processing.
Example: When running WPS, the screen displays "Insufficient memory" and the system cannot run. Restart, run the Jinshan Chinese character system, the WPS editing software still cannot enter, use the Mem command of DOS 6.22 to view the memory, only about 200KB of space is left, and the CHLIB file occupies the main memory up to 255KB, that is, the font is placed in the conventional memory, and The Kingsoft system should be able to automatically use the extended memory to store the font library. Check the system configuration and set it in CONFIG.SYS:
This means that after the DOS kernel program is loaded into the extended memory, although the available main memory space is enlarged, the Chinese character library cannot be loaded into the extended memory due to the conflict between the extended memory and the Kingsoft system.
There are two solutions:
1. Remove the DOS=HIGH setting, remove the DOS kernel program from the extended memory, and then it can run normally.
2. Change "/DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS" to "/DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS/INT15=320", because Jinshan system uses extension At the low end of the memory, if other programs reside in this area, the font cannot be loaded normally. Use the INT15 parameter to reserve a part of the traditional extended memory for the system (that is, the extended memory that is not managed by the XMS specification but is directly used by INT15). ), both the font library and DOS kernel can use extended memory. After this setting, the available main memory space in the Jinshan Chinese character system state can reach 512KB, which is about 250KB more than when it is not set.
Windows memory is insufficient
If the "memory insufficient" failure occurs when running Windows applications, you can check and deal with it as follows:< /p>
1. First, check the resource usage of Windows. If the resource occupies a lot and the available resources are less, the problem of "" will appear when opening a new file. At this time, you can clean up the screen, reduce the number of windows, close unused applications, including TSR memory resident programs, and minimize Windows applications to icons. If the problem only occurs when a special application is running, contact the application software Contact the seller, it may be caused by the poor management of the data object;
2. If the problem is not resolved, clear or save the contents of the Clipboard, and use the ControlPanel Desktop option to set the Wallpaper (Wallpaper) Is None;
3. If the problem still exists, you can edit the PIF file with the PIF editor and increase the value of MemoryRequirements;KB Required in the PIF file; in the standard mode, select Prevent ProgramSwitch, this switch After the option is turned on, exit the application and return to Windows; if it is in 386 enhanced mode, set Display Usage to Full Screen (full screen mode), set Execution to Exclusive, and set Video memory to the lowest possible mode; p>
4. If the problem still exists, reboot and enter the Windows system, and make sure that there is no other irrelevant application software in the "start" icon to start running at the same time, and there is no Run or Load command to load in the WIN.INI file Of any unrelated applications.
5. Set virtual memory reasonably. If Windows virtual memory is not set, it is easy to receive the message "". Win7: Click Control Panel-System-Advanced System Settings. In the "System Properties" dialog box, click the "Performance" tab settings, and then click "Advanced". In the "Virtual Memory" setting, select the "Automatically manage the paging file size of all drives" option to set the amount of hard disk space that can be used as virtual memory in the computer as the default value.
In normal times, problems with "" can generally be dealt with in the following ways. First, exit those applications that do not need to be run, and then check the available resources of the system. If the available resources are greater than 30%, you can generally run a new program. When there are multiple applications running in the system, you can exit one and check the available resources at a time. If an application does not change in the percentage of available resources before and after exiting, it means that the application has not released the resources it occupied. If you want to recover these unreleased resources, you can only exit Windows and then re-enter Windows. In order to ensure that the available resources of the system are sufficient when booting into Windows, there should be no irrelevant application software in the "start" icon to start running at the same time, and there should be no irrelevant application loaded by the Run or Load command in the WIN.INI file. Because these unrelated applications that are started at the same time may have taken up a lot of resources, making the application to be used unable to run.
1. Reserve hard disk space as additional memory
Right-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop , And then left-click "Properties" to open the "System Properties" dialog box. In this dialog box, click the "Performance" tab, then click the "Virtual Memory" button, check "Windows manage virtual memory", and finally click the "OK" button.
Second, delete the programs that do not need to be automatically loaded by Windows in the "Startup" group
First check which programs are automatically loaded when Windows starts, the method is to click Click the "Start" button, point to "Programs", and then point to "Start". The menu listed at this time is the program that is automatically loaded when Windows starts. You can also save memory by deleting unnecessary programs and restarting the computer. The specific deletion method is:
A. Start the "Explorer" and find the C: WindowsStart MenuPrograms "Start" folder.
B. Select the programs and shortcuts that do not need to be automatically loaded by Windows, and then click the "Delete" command of the "File" menu, and the system will pop up a dialog box to confirm the deletion.
C. Click the "Yes" button in the delete confirmation dialog box.
3. Clear the contents of the clipboard
The clipboard is a temporary storage area in the memory, which is used to store the information cut or copied by various applications . If what was stored in the clipboard at that time was an image or a considerable length of text, it would take up a considerable amount of memory, which may lead to a problem, so as long as the image or text in the clipboard is eliminated, the problem may be solved. To clear the contents of the clipboard, click "Start", "Programs", "Accessories", "Clipboard Viewer" in turn, open the "Clipboard Viewer" window, and then click "Delete" in the "Edit" menu Command, and finally click the "Yes" button. You may find this a bit troublesome, so you might as well replace the image or text in the clipboard with a very small amount of content, such as a space. For example, if you are editing a document using Word97, you can select a space in the document, and then click the "cut and paste" button on the common toolbar. This space will replace the original image or text in the clipboard. Can save memory.
Four. Close windows that are not needed
You have opened multiple windows, in fact, you have run multiple programs, and the memory consumption is only Much. At this time, you can close the windows that you don't use temporarily, and close the unused program functions (such as status bar, ruler, task bar, etc.) to save memory.
5. Check and kill viruses
Maybe your computer is only infected with a computer virus. It is because the virus is at work. Eliminating the virus can also be solved. Problem. The method is of course to use a good anti-virus software to check and kill viruses.
Smartphone is equivalent to a miniature computer, and the phenomenon of insufficient memory is often seen. There are two main situations:
Most of the smart phones have low memory. If you use several software at the same time, it will cause insufficient memory. In some cases, files cannot be opened and closed, and in most cases, the phone restarts.
Solution: Turn off unnecessary software and do not open too many background programs. The standby mode also affects the memory. The memory is the highest when the phone is turned on. The longer the time after turning on, the phone’s memory will slowly decrease, but it will stop at a certain time. Ways to increase the memory: use small fonts, small themes, or use APPMAN compresses memory.
Too many installers in the system storage space will cause the phone to slow down, just like a computer. Solution: Uninstall unnecessary or infrequently used programs in the storage space.